Optical Measurement Principles - BGU Physics Department
BGU Physics Department
Optical Measurement Principles
(3.5 points, 4 hours)
- Introduction: Wave motion, The Electomagnetic spectrum,
- Gaussian Optics: Matrix representation of light rays and
path, the General Image-forming system, Reflection at a spherical
surface, Aspheric lenses, Optical systems: Telescope, Microscope.
- Interference: Coherence, Interference between two plane waves,
Laser Doppler Velocimetry, Interference between other waves,
- Diffraction: Diffraction from a single slit and a grating,
Fourier Optics, Optical filters, Coherent and incoherent transfer
- Light Sources and Detectors: Radiometry and photometry,
Incoherent light sources, Coherent light sources �€“ Stimulated
emission, Lasers. Hologram recording media, Photoelectric detectors,
The CCD camera. Sampling, Signal transfer.
- Holography: Principles, Holographic interferometry, Holographic
- Polarization and Photoelasticity: Polarized light, Polarizing
filters, Reflection and refraction, Photoelasticity, Ellipsometry.
- Fibre-Optics: Light propagation through optical fibres,
attenuation and dispersion, Different types of fibres, Fibre-optic
sensors, Fibre-optic lasers, other usages.
- Optical Metrology, 3rd ed., Kjell J. Gsvik, John Wiley & Sons 2002.
Apache/2.2.15 (Scientific Linux) Server at physweb.bgu.ac.il Port 443