Advanced Topics in Quantum and Statistical Mechanics - BGU Physics Department
BGU Physics Department
Selected topics in Quantum and Statistical Mechanics
(3 points, 3 hours)
- EPR paradox and Bell inequalities (week 1)
- The probability matrix (week 2)
- Wigner function (week 3)
- Quantum measurements (weeks 4-5)
- Entanglement and entropy (week 6)
- Quantum Computation (7-9)
- Linear response theory, Kubo formula (week 10)
- Adiabatic processes, Berry phase (week 11)
- Born-Oppenheimer picture (week 12)
- Dissipation and Decoherence (week 12)
- Optional: Landauer and Quantum Pumping.
- Optional: Master equations.
- Optional: Feynman-Vernon Formalism.
- Optional: The spin boson model.
- Optional: RMT and banded matrices
Apache/2.2.15 (Scientific Linux) Server at physweb.bgu.ac.il Port 80